Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Hunting with the Veep

February 17, 2006

By Longneck
I certainly empathize with VP Cheney -- his accident has caused injury and discomfort to his long-time friend. I've been a bird hunter for over 30 years, and I can say I've been peppered with shot many times from others. None of those shots were intentional, nor did any of them cause any injury. At most, it causes one to "duck and cover" until the rain of shot ceases. It certainly can be an occasion for good-natured joking between the parties - as long as no one is hurt.
The absolute idiocy of some of the reporting has me shaking my head in wonder at the lack of basic hunting knowledge. So many reporters, so little hunting experience! And they wonder why we don't really listen to them here in fly-over country. I heard one doctor being interviewed on FOX talking about 'bullet fragment near the heart'. If the doctors can't tell the difference between 7 1/2 shot and a bullet (the first is fired from a shotgun, the second from a rifle or pistol), how in the world is the population on the left coast going to understand the difference. The next thing we'll hear is that there was another shooter from a mile away who was aiming at Cheney! Sigh.
I'm glad the furor has lessened. Perhaps the media will report (not focus) on the health of the unfortunate victim of this accident, and we can move on.

No comments: