Monday, November 26, 2007

USO ignoring Afghanistan?



On O'Reilly tonight, Bill interviewed Edward Powell, the President of the USO. O'Reilly just returned from Afghanistan, and Bill was upset that more big-names weren't in more shows there. O'Reilly asked Powell why there weren't more shows, and more big names. Powell tried his best, but he laid the blame squarely on DOD for not providing enough airlift and security for more shows.

I don't know...we are in the middle of very important actions there, and it's important to keep our manpower availability high. That said, my initial reaction is to call b.s. on Powell's excuse. A $150 million budget would lease a lot of 747's and a lot of Blackwater guards.

Let's see how it plays out...if I'm wrong, I'd like to hear about it. If I'm right...fire his ass.

No comments: