Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What's the Gun For, Anyway?

There's a serious point here. I'm in Wisconsin, one of only 2 states that does not allow concealed carry (care to guess the other one?*). So if I'm minding my own business, having a coffee at Barnes & Noble, and a nutjob jihadi comes in with a gun and starts shooting the place up, how am I supposed to stop him? Throw a copy of Rules for Radicals at him? At least in Texas, we had Concealed Carry Permits and bad guys could be met with lead poisoning. Just how in the hell does Russ Feingold expect me to protect THE BOSS in a case like this?

Sigh. At least Feingold will be gone after the November elections.



Sorry, don't recall where I got this.
If you know, leave a comment and I'll attribute.

* Barry's adopted home state, of course. Illinois.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're still posting, so should I assume that you've given up going out in public? Or do you still risk your life and that of your wife going to B&N?

Texan in Wisconsin said...

Hmmm...sounds like a troll.

First of all, I certainly go out in public. Second, no bigger risk than it's ever been. Third, B&N? Barnes and Noble? Yeah, there's a real big threat right there, all right.

Seek medical help. Or just continue using the illegal drugs...whatever.