Monday, May 08, 2006

Moving to VOIP Step Three - Equipment

Received the VONAGE VOIP router today. It's a Linksys 3-port LAN router, with 2 telephone ports. Install will be tonight or tomorrow. I received the equipment 3 business days after placing the order. Not bad. Normally, I wouldn't be able to use this until Vonage ports my phone number over from SBC/ATT. However, Vonage assigned me a temp phone number to use until my home number is moved over. This means I'll be able to use Vonage as soon as I get the equipment set up. I think this is a great marketing move on the part of Vonage. Just think if you had the equipment, were ready to set it all up, and you couldn't use it for another 2-3 weeks because Ma Bell hadn't released your phone number yet. Again, this is a smart move on the part of Vonage.

Satisfaction level = 110% (extra credit for the temporary phone number)

No comments: