Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Washington Post SOB

You know, I don't often want to punch out a reporter (I tend to ignore their blather). But I swear to God, if I met this SOB on the street or at a party, I'd punch him in the mouth. He's calling the flag an empty symbol. Our brave men and women are fighting and dying for that symbol, you P.O.S.

Pins and Panders

Obama Wears His Independence on His Lapel

By Richard Cohen Tuesday, May 6, 2008; Page A19

Sometimes I think the best thing about Barack Obama is that little empty space on his lapel. It is where other politicians wear the American flag pin, a kitschy piece of empty symbolism that tells you nothing about that particular person except that he or she thinks like everyone else. Obama's flag, invisible to the naked eye, is the Jolly Roger of a politician thinking for himself.

Here's the link to the full article.

No comments: