Friday, October 16, 2009

Keeping Abreast of the Threats of Sharia Law

Mark Steyn has a story over on NRO about this DailyMail story:
A hardline Islamist group in Somalia has begun publicly whipping women for wearing bras that they claim violate Islam as they are 'deceptive'.

The insurgent group Al Shabaab has sent gunmen into the streets of Mogadishu to round up any women who appear to have a firm bust, residents claimed yesterday.

The women are then inspected to see if the firmness is natural, or if it is the result of wearing a bra. If they are found wearing a bra, they are ordered to remove it and shake their breasts, residents said...

'Al Shabaab forced us to wear their type of full veil and now they order us to shake our breasts,' a resident, Halima, told Reuters, adding that her daughters had been whipped on Thursday.

'They are now saying that breasts should be firm naturally, or just flat.'
Brilliant!!! Where were these guys when I was in high school? They could have enlisted every football player to accept sharia if we could have been empowered to say to our girlfriends, "Trust me honey. I just have to take a peek to make sure you don't have a bra on. Ok, now shake em."

I dated the daughter of a pro football assistant coach when we were in high school. He actually liked me...but what do you think would have been his reaction if he knew that I'd be, ah, "inspecting" his daughter's breasts? I suspect the defensive line would have pounded me into mush.

You just can't make this stuff up.

H/T NRO

No comments: