Sunday, November 01, 2009

Why Democrats will Lose Big in 2010

I got this in email today...I subscribe to it so that I know what the (philosophical) other side is up to...
XXXX--

Late yesterday news broke that the moderate Republican Assemblywoman Dede Scozzafava, candidate in the hard-fought special election in New York's 23rd Congressional district, had been driven out and the Republican party was throwing their weight behind the Palin/Limbaugh/Glen Beck endorsed radical tea party candidate instead.

Today, the moderate Republican threw her support behind our proud Democratic candidate Bill Owens.

It has never been clearer that the Republican Party has been hijacked by extreme right wing ideologues with a radical agenda that would effectively dismantle Social Security and Medicare, and are out of step with a vast majority of Americans.

Eight extreme right wing groups spent more than $1 million on this campaign including the Minute Men, Club for Growth and the Family Research Council.

This means your work and your continued support and dedication have never been more critical as we face our one-year-out reporting deadline and this election on Tuesday.

We are up against a well-funded extremist GOP who will stop at nothing to win and whose agenda could quite literally take us backwards to the days of Bush-Cheney.

But, you and I can't let that happen. I will continue to keep you posted on news of this race continues and thank you again for standing with us. We will need you now more than ever.

Thanks,

Jon Vogel
DCCC Executive Director
Now, there is so much wrong with this that I almost don't know where to start. But I do...

First, the general tone of insulting those who are not Democrats is...unseemly. I have friends with whom I disagree about many things...abortion, Obama, Crap and Tax, Health Care Destruction, etc. I don't insult my friends...I just disagree with them. Why does the DCCC think that insulting the "other side" is a winning approach?

Second, the Bush-Cheney bashing is really getting tiresome. Either Obama has his own policy or he's lost...but knock off the Bush-bashing.

Third, "Palin/Limbaugh/Glen Beck endorsed radical tea party candidate" is supposed to be an insult. It's not...I think it's a great description of my beliefs...if only they could spell "Glenn" correctly. You'd think if Glenn Beck was such a threat to life and liberty that they'd know how to spell his name. But...

Fourth...NOOOO...they are too busy labeling us as "extreme right wing ideologues with a radical agenda that would effectively dismantle Social Security and Medicare". Huh...I thought that's what Pelosi and Reid were doing...dismantling SS and Medicare. But what do I know? I just read the freaking bill...

I got another of these last week from my buddy James Carville. I think Carville is entertaining, but I certainly wouldn't buy a used car (or candidate) from the guy.

I think the DCCC is symptom of the bigger problem. And Tuesday will tell us all what 2010 is going to look like.

H/T DCCC (credit where credit is due)

No comments: