Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Obama: "Oh, THAT Declaration of Independence"


John H over at Power Line nails Obama. In a speech today, Obama said this:
I remember, when living for four years in Indonesia as a child, I listened to my mother reading me the first lines of the Declaration of Independence, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they're endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

John takes a great shot:

I would have thought that pretty much everyone--certainly every Presidential speechwriter, and every Harvard Law School graduate!--knows that these are not the "first lines" of the Declaration, which begins, "When in the course of human events...." What, exactly, accounts for the fact that Obama is not a laughingstock?

Good ole Mrs. Upchurch in 6th grade would have flunked me if I made that kind of stupid mistake. Click the link below and read the rest of the stupidity that is Obama.

H/T Power Line

No comments: