Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Press Reports Racism in America

Except it's not what you think.

A Chicago family is vowing to be racist for a year...and are celebrated for it.

Check it out (full story here):

Maggie and John Anderson of Chicago vowed four months ago that for one year, they would try to patronize only black-owned businesses. The "Empowerment Experiment" is the reason John had to suffer for hours with a stomach ache and Maggie no longer gets that brand-name lather when she washes her hair. A grocery trip is a 14-mile odyssey.

"We kind of enjoy the sacrifice because we get to make the point ... but I am going without stuff and I am frustrated on a daily basis," Maggie Anderson said. "It's like, my people (emphasis mine) have been here 400 years and we don't even have a Walgreens to show for it."

So far, the Andersons have spent hundreds of dollars with black businesses from grocery stores to dry cleaners. But the couple still hasn't found a mortgage lender, home security system vendor or toy store. Nonetheless, they're hoping to expand the endeavor beyond their Chicago home.

My people? MY PEOPLE? How about hard-working AMERICANS, you twit.

Oh, I didn't mention that they were black? I didn't think it was important, but I guess the AP thinks otherwise. Just why in the world are these folks not called racists, as I would be if I tried to pull this kind of crap?

How about finding good service at a good price, at a convenient location, regardless of who owns the business? No wait...this is the hope and change we have been waiting for.

If they keep it up for the full year, maybe we can sue for reparations.

H/T FoxNews.com and AP

No comments: