Sunday, December 14, 2008

Second Thoughts

From THE BOSS.

Sitting on the couch these past two weeks, recovering from surgery, got me to thinking about Barack Obama.

After listening to hours of news on the bailout, discussions on Iran and Iraqi, pirates off the coast of Africa, recession, and the final episode of Boston Legal, I was wondering if Barack Obama is having second thoughts on winning the election. Does he ever sit there at night, alone in his bathroom and look at himself in the mirror and think, “what the F--- did I do, what the F--- did I get myself into?” (Hey, this is how they talk in Chicago and the governor’s mansion in Illinois).

Can you imagine what he thought after he got his first security briefing? I am sure he had to make a dash to the men’s room. Here is a guy who thought he was on top of the world by pushing Hillary aside for the Democratic nomination and then beating McCain. How he feels today must pale in comparison to what he felt the night he won the election. Even though he might like to run and hide and tell the American public, “I’ve changed my mind”, he is stuck for at least the next four years.

Most of the black community who voted for him are counting on him to make their house payments, help with gas for their cars and educate them for free. For them he is their savior. Like I said, he is stuck. He did it to himself and he has no one to blame but himself. I hope he has broad shoulders, is ready for many sleepless nights, and likes eating airplane food.

Godspeed Barack Obama.

No comments: