Sunday, December 23, 2007

Liberal Media attacks Fred Thompson



I'm a Fred-head, or Fred-neck, if you prefer. Being from the south, I like his manners and his no-b.s. style of talking. I think he's a good man, and he was a good Senator. His experience in the minefields of Watergate put him in good stead with me -- I'm old enough to remember Watergate (our history teacher made us watch the Watergate hearings, and I'm glad now).

The Politico has a post up by Roger Simon that completely mis-represents what happened at a firehouse in Iowa. Fred was asked to put on a fire helmet by the Chief, and he stated "I've got a silly hat rule that I'm about to violate". Roger, uh, FORGOT to include that part in italics. Now read it again...would you get different meanings from these two statements:

1. "I've got a silly hat rule".
Means: I ain't putting that stupid hat on, because I might look like Mike Dukakis and lose this election if someone gets a picture of me in it.

2. "I've got a silly hat rule that I'm about to violate".
Means: I usually don't put on hats because of what happened to Dukakis, but I'd be proud to be seen wearing this hat, and the pictures can be damned. I respect and honor firemen!

Which one of the two quotes do you think Roger quoted, and which one do you think Fred said?

Yup, you'd be right on both counts.

And the left wonders why they can't get any respect?

Here's the full story.

H/T Confederate Yankee

PS Gratuitous Fred Plugs

No comments: