Saturday, September 12, 2009

Speaking of Whoppers...(no, I don't mean Burger King)

Obama just can't get off of his talking points that "we'll cover everyone" and "it won't add one dime to the deficit". Life just doesn't work that way, no matter how much they smoke in the White House and over in Pelosi's office.

I really love the fact that Rep Joe Wilson stood up and called Obama out on his lies. And he was a class act as he apologized immediately afterward. Look, we've all blurted out something in the heat of the moment and regretted it later. We don't regret the substance of what we said; we regret that we said it in an inappropriate way or place. Been there, done that.

I recall a day of football practice in college...the coach announced that we were all going to run double the normal number of wind sprints because we'd been lazy. I turned to the guy next to me and said, "Sh*t a brick!". Wouldn't you know it...there was dead silence as soon as I started talking. So my whispered expletive was heard by all. We had to run double the double number because of my big mouth.

Well, Obama is in the same place. He just can't break out of his same bullshit message. And regular Americans are having nothing of it. Neither, it seems, is the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

I love political cartoons. I wish I was as clever as those who think them up.

H/T Brutally Honest and cartoonist Lisa Benson, over at Townhall.com

No comments: