Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Boss on Travel 9/30

Hubby and I are visiting our son and he recently moved into a beautiful apartment. He has been in his new home for almost three months and guess what? Still no TV. That is right -- no cable, no satellite, no rabbit ears, no nothing. I am having withdrawal from FOXNEWS, O’Reilly, Hannity (no Colmes) and just all the news in general.

I am not sure how he does it or why he does it but it doesn’t seem to bother him or his girlfriend at all. When they “watch TV”, they are really just watching a movie. Now don’t get me wrong, I love movies during the weekends but during the week, I need to know what is going on. I have gotten so used to screaming at the TV, jumping out of my chair when I hear something stupid, walking out of the kitchen (as I am preparing dinner) with a knife in my hand and yelling at Pelosi spewing her crap on TV. This no TV is messing with my life as I know it.

Now on the other side (fair and balanced) it feels like my blood pressure is down, I am a lot calmer, no headaches and sleeping really well at night. Yeah, Yeah, I know, what you are thinking, but I just can’t continue this no TV, cold turkey thing, I’VE GOT TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING.

So I will take my blood pressure medicine, take my aspirin and sleeping pills and go find a TV at Best Buy playing FOXNEWS.

No comments: